This is the web page for the Empowering Blind Students in Science and Engineering workshop. This one-of-a-kind 2-day workshop will bring together three groups:
- Blind Students interested in or beginning in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields,
- Mentors: blind graduate students or professionals pursuing STEM careers,
- and industry, government, and education leaders in science and engineering.
Attendees will hear talks, participate in breakout sessions, and have professional development networking opportunities including skill development and contemplative activities. The program will focus on learning from each other to maximize chances for a successful career in a STEM field and on raising awareness of the potential of blind professionals in the workplace.
- When: Monday and Tuesday, June 2 and 3, 2014
- Where: Seattle, WA at the Talaris Conference Center
- The Fetzer Institute
- The Purpose Prize
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington
Please send all questions to the workshop organizer, Cynthia Bennett, at email@example.com